Friday, June 01, 2007

A Different Kind of Fleece?!

Many folks familiar with the Bible are familiar with the story of Gideon who when called upon by God to serve asked for a sign from God, that the fleece he placed on the ground would be wet and the ground would be dry and so it was, and then the next day he asked for it to be the other way around (fleece dry ground wet) and it was. And the Lord was with him in all that he did.

Well, how bout this: My mother tells me that in January when Maya and I made the final decision to take an overseas missionary assignment with Lutheran Bible Translators, that she had a little talk with God. And she told God that if this was going to happen and five of her grandchildren were going to have to be that far away, that he was going to have to give her five more grandchildren.

So last night - I get a call from my twin sister Jenny (be sure to check out her blog in the links on the right) and she tells me that she and her husband Jerry are expecting. So how's the baby fleece meter going? Well, Jenny is expecting as well as my sisters Kim and Rachel and my brother Chris and his wife Kristi. So since January, we're up to four.

The speculation on the source for the fifth seems to be running rampant. Jerry said, "Do you believe in miracles?" - A thinly veiled thought reflecting that the fifth will come from Maya and me.

Which is no longer automatic. Yeah. We'll just leave it at that.

However, since we would also take that child with us in the extememly unlikely event that it would happen - it would make more sense to me that

one

of

them

must be having twins.

So as soon as we know which one it is, I'll report it to the rest of you in blogland. Until then - nice job mom (and God). And if Maya does turn out to be pregnant, I know who I'm going to have a conversation with right off the bat.

3 comments:

Jennifer Powell said...

OH YOU ARE SO FUNNY! So who is the lucky girl? Rachel or Me? I guess we'll see. Jenny

Kal said...

It's you. That or our new place will need an extra bedroom so that Joyce can become a live-in grandma. :-)

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, Kristi and I have already had ultrasounds verifying that there is only 1 bun in the oven---unless, of course, the other bun is hiding REALLY well. So it is a toss up between Rachel & Jenny, hmmmm.....
Kim