Thursday, January 28, 2021

In their own words (originally published 7/21/2010)


The following is the closing remarks at the end of the July 12 meeting of the Board for the Shekgalagari Bible Translation Project given by Chairman Nelson Lekutlane. I wanted to share with you because each of you partnering with our ministry is a part of what is happening here and we want you to know that while things are moving slowly there is a firm foundation being laid and God is going to do big things.

"I want to close by letting you know that by this meeting, I am inspired.I am ins pired at your commitment. Mr. Machao, I am inspired at your passion. Mr. Mogapele at your wisdom. To all of you I am inspired at the way you engage the issues and seriously address and discuss them. I am inspired that we shall continue to go forward in this project. And I hope that you are also inspired Richard, that you have come from so far away and have found that there is a need and that there are people who need your help. Gentlemen, I want you to think about the sacrifice this man and his family have made to come here. To come here so they can help us. It is like Paul having the vision of the man saying, "Come over to Macedonia and help us." Come to my Kalahari*, come to my desert and help us. Help us to find the living water that will quench the thirst of my people's soul. And I know that one day my people will drink from the living water here in this desert, my people - Bakgalagari - will have this living water. I know it. Thank you."

* 'Kalahari' means 'thirsty ground' in Shekgalagari

No comments: