Sunday, December 03, 2006

Haiti 2006




I (Rich) took a mission trip to Haiti at the end of October/beginning of November. I went with a team of doctors and we ran a medical clinic for folks in the area near Leogane Haiti. We saw more than 500 patients in four days. On a personal note, I was able to spend time in prayer, reading, and listening to God and came back to the US with a renewed outlook on ministry and a re-forming vision of what God will do with my family and me to reach out and serve His people. We are in conversation with folks at Lutheran Bible Translators about a possible career shift to Bible translation or literacy in one of the fields that they are involved in. Maya, the kids, and I travel to Chicago to meet with LBT service staff on January 14-16. Obviously, with a family our size and as young as some of us are, we have many considerations to weigh. However, we also have a firm sense of God's leading that we are looking to confirm or redirect through the folks to whom we will be speaking in January. More to come soon! (Now that I remember my password to get on this blog!)

No comments: